Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Site. By using the St George Leagues Club Ltd online Site, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you choose not to be bound by the terms and conditions, St George Leagues Club Ltd does not grant you the right to use the Site and you must not use this Site.
St George Leagues Club Ltd may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any variations become effective on posting. By making a purchase through this Site after the terms and conditions have been varied, you agree to be bound by the variation.
General Terms and Conditions
No refund or exchange on any ticket except as required by law. If a refund is made, St George Leagues Club Ltd may, to the extent permitted by law, retain any fee it has charged.
Tickets to catering events may be cancelled for a full refund up to 7 days prior to the event. Cancellations between 6 and 3 days prior to the event will result in a 25% loss of payment. Cancellations less than 3 days prior to the event will not be refunded.
The right is reserved to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and / or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements, menus and audience capacity.
The right is reserved to charge a fee for the replacement of tickets. St George Leagues Club Ltd reserves the right not to replace tickets where seating is not allocated (general admission tickets).
The right of admission is reserved and is subject to the seller’s and the venue’s terms of admission, copies of which are available from St George Leagues Club Ltd on request. Late arrival may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the performance.
Cameras, audio and video recorders may not be permitted. The right is reserved to broadcast or telecast any event.
It may be a condition of entry to individual events that a search of person and / or their possessions will be required at the time of the entry to the venue.
Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased from St George Leagues Club Ltd or other authorised points of sale.
Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of St George Leagues Club Ltd and the seller, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
Scalping warning: The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
Additional terms applicable to sales through this Site:
• All guests must comply with St George Leagues Club’s membership rules and dress regulations. The club retains the right to refuse entry to any Guest who does not meet these requirements.
• If you are not currently a member of St George Leagues Club, and live within a 5km radius you will need to become a member OR be signed in by a member to gain entry into the Club.
• Non members who live outside the 5k radius of the Club, will need to sign in at reception. Appropriate photo ID is needed for entry.
• Children under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times whilst on club premises. For more details call (02)95871022.
• St George Leagues club adheres to a strict Responsible Service of Alcohol policy and anyone deemed to be intoxicated will not be admitted. Any guest deemed to become intoxicated whilst on the premises will be asked to leave.
• GST will apply to all goods and services supplied through this Site. Prices in this Site include GST where applicable. • Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and at the venue.
St George Leagues Club
“Melbourne Cup” – Competition
Terms & Conditions
1. This Competition is conducted by Studio Matrix Pty Ltd of Suite 106, 330 Wattle Street, Ultimo NSW 2007 (“the Promoter”) on behalf of St George Leagues Club
2. Entry into the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. All entry instructions and Prize information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms & Conditions.
3. This is a competition that involves a game of chance. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of this Competition is final.
4. Subject to Clause 5, the Competition is valid only to individuals who:
a. ‘Like’ St George Leagues Club Facebook Page
b. ‘Tag’ friends in the comment section of the Melbourne Cup competition post on St George Leagues Club Facebook page
c. Are residents of Australia; and
d. Are 18 years of age and over (“Eligible Entrant”).
5. The Competition commences at 12:00PM Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time (“AEDST”) on 10 October 2017 and closes at 12:00PM AEDST on 24 October 2017 (“Competition Period”).
6. One entry per Eligible Entrant. All entries must be submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
7. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
8. The Promoter may communicate messages to Eligible Entrants via Facebook, where applicable.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age, place of residence or relationship to the Promoter or an existing customer of the Promoter) and to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
10. The Major Prize to be given away to the winner will be the following:
• 8 x VIP tickets to St George Leagues Club Grange Buffet Luncheon for 7 people
• $100 Spending Money for each person
• Private transport to and from the winner’s office
• $200 David Jones Voucher AND a Melbourne Cup Day Hamper for the winner only
10. The Prize, or any unused portion of a Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
11. If any Prize (or part of any Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or part of the Prize) with another prize to the equal value and/or specification.
12. The Winner of the main prize will be drawn at 12:00 midday on 25 October 2017 and notified on the same day in accordance with these terms and conditions.
13. Winners will be selected based purely on chance and at the Promoter’s full discretion.
14. Winners must be residing in Australia to receive any prize(s).
15. It is a condition of accepting a Prize that each Winner must comply with all of the conditions of use of a Prize and any Prize supplier requirements.
16. If any Winner cannot be contacted despite reasonable effort made by the Promoter within 7 days from the end date of the Competition Period, their Prize will be deemed unclaimed. The Promoter may award any unclaimed Prizes to an Eligible Entrant who submitted the next best valid entry (as determined by the Promoter).
17. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The Winners will be contacted by the Promoter to arrange delivery of their prize.
19. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
20. All entries submitted become the property of the Promoter. Entries will not be returned to any entrant. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
21. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name and any component of their Entry in the event they are a Winner in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome).
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
23. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any technical or electrical issues that may arise in connection with the Competition (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (ii) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition; (iii) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (iv) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (v) if the Competition is cancelled, terminated, modified or suspended; and/or (vi) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant. Individuals should obtain independent tax and financial advice; or (vii) taking of/participating in the Prize.
24. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Competition and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, Prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for Competition, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Eligible Entrant. Eligible Entrants should direct any request to access, opt-out, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
25. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales and each party submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
26. Subject to state permit authority restrictions, the Promoter may amend these Terms and Conditions in its absolute discretion.
27. Authorised under permit number: NSW: LTPM/16/00509.
29. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an Eligible Entrant, as a result of participating in this Competition (including taking/use of a Prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.