The information we collect
The Club will collect general information about you, such as your name, address, contact details, date of birth and other Clubs you belong to when you apply for membership to the Club. We may also collect this and other types of personal information, such as your membership number, during the course of dealing with you, for example when you wish to obtain goods or services from the Club and when you participate in contests and promotions or return feedback forms. In the interests of security and safety, and the comfort of members and guests, the Club also operates video cameras within the Club premises and may collect personal information in the course of investigating complaints or pursuing disciplinary proceedings.
Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection.
Users can generally visit the Club’s website without revealing who they are or other personal information. The Club will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
How we use your information
• to establish and maintain your membership to the Club, including providing you with newsletters, magazines, annual reports and other information necessary to allow you to play an active role in the Club, such as information about candidates standing for election to the board of the Club;
• to provide the products, services or information you have requested from the Club;
• to answer your inquiry; • to register you for events, promotions or competitions;
• in accordance with the Constitution of the Club; • to assist us to make the Club’s facilities, services and products more valuable to our members and guests;
• for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications;
• to third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to provide the products or services you have requested, and
• to different parts of the Club to enable the development and marketing of other products and services and to improve our customer service in general.
Access to your information
You can access the personal information that the Club holds about you by contacting the Club’s Privacy Officer as set out below. We will provide you with access unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
The Club will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files. The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, the Club cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.